Sunday, January 22, 2012

We thought we were done with the injuries

So we've made our way back to the Belize City area for the final week here in Belize. It's a bitter sweet moment for me. I've enjoyed my stay here more then I thought I would. But at the same time, I'm just ready to come home.

Today we went to an Anglican church this morning, and I will say it was a lot different then what I am used to. There was a lot of up and down, and communion was served.

After church we had lunch at the Best Western Hotel. It was quite nice to have something more "Americanized" but at the same time have a Belize twist. We had a choice of bbq chicken, some sort of pork rib, and lobster, as well as rice and beans, refried type soupy beans, and mashed potatoes.

After lunch we returned to the hotel to get prepared for cave tubing! The vans arrived around 1:30 and we all piled in for the, about 45 minute to an hour ride to the location. We walked quite a way until we reached the cave where we were starting. The tour guide informed us that we were going to be able to do two caves on this trip as opposed to one. So all was going smoothly we went through both caves and it was AMAZING!!! It wasn't until after the last cave that I ran into trouble. The current picked up quite a bit and the river was making a right turn, but no matter what I did I continued to go right. That was until I came to this wall along the bank. It wasn't a concrete wall or anything, it was just a wall of tree limbs and weeds. Well, I ended up trying to move one branch out of my way and in the course of doing that another tree branch snapped towards me and smacked me in the face. This is the injury I received in the process. Needless to say I will most likely have a black eye when I wake up in the morning.


Well tomorrow it's off to Caye Caulker!! I'm super excited to head out there! Here's to a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment