Thursday, January 26, 2012

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

I can't "belize" that this trip has gone so fast and we will be going home tomorrow! I have loved my time here in Belize and meeting all of the different people here in this country as well as getting to know tons of the awesome people in our group. I can't wait to get home, but at the same time, I'm really going to miss this...

I have just loved meeting the people of Belize who have welcomed us with open hearts and bright smiles. They always seem to be happy to see us and are always very genuine. They have such big hearts and are so easy going. The way they live here may be simple, but they are some of the happiest people I've ever met!


I feel like I have been changed by this trip, the people, and God. It has had such an impact on my life already. I have definitely been inspired by the way of life here and the way these people worship and live their lives. I want to take that back to the states with me and every where I end up going. I can't put it into words for you to understand, but there is one thing I know for sure. I will not forget this trip and what I have learned and experienced here. There is so much for me to do with my life and to bring glory to God through it. I have been given so many ideas for my future while on this trip. I've said it before and I'll say it again, God has big plans for all of our lives and we can do nothing better then to live for Him and do the best we can for Him!


As this sign says at the Ocean Academy in Caye Caulker, and as it also says on countless posters and signs back at MVNU, "Be the change you wish to see in the world!". God has created us for a purpose and He blesses us with people in our lives, experiences, and ideas that drive us and guide us to do great things and to do exactly what that sign says. We are called to be that change in our world and Belize has inspired me to do just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment