Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus

“He (Abraham) staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief: but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that what he had promised, he was able also to perform.” - Romans 4:20-21

This past Sunday we attended church in San Ignacio. I can't say that I remember much from the service aside from what stuck out to me the most, that being the following lyrics that were sung during worship:

“Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,

Just to take him at his word,

Just to rest upon his promise...”

I asked myself, “What would my life look like if I truly lived out these words? If I fully trusted in Jesus? If I believed the promises he has for me?” I've found myself time and time again knowing the promises God has for me but struggling to believe them for myself. God gave Abraham some crazy promises that most (including Sarah) would simply laugh at. But Abraham believed them for himself. He didn't doubt God's word. In this sense, my desire is that I can become more like Abraham.

No comments:

Post a Comment