Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Off of the beaten path...

Today has been a real adventure! Our bus got stuck in the mud, two guys went swinging in the trees and their vine broke and they fell acquiring some scrapes and bruises, and we even had some cases of heat exhaustion and dehydration! All in all a very exciting day and not what we expected when we headed out this morning.

Also, a few of the girls and I, found something we didn't expect to find either! While exploring the ruins, we found a path off to the side and decided to see where it led! It took us down a slippery slope covered in mud, through dense jungle and tall trees, down to some nice refreshing pools and a waterfall! It felt like our own little bit of paradise!



We had a great time splashing around in the pools and being hit in the face with random plants. It was a great time of exploration and just reveling in the beauty of God's creation. I loved every minute of it! And we got some fun pics too!



I'm glad we decided to trek off the normal paths and do a little exploring here in Belize. It was totally worth the mud, the muck, the wet, and all the rest of that junk! We found something beautiful! Someday I'll be telling my kids about this trip and hopefully they will get to take a trip like this of their own someday! This trip has really helped me in so many ways and taught me so many things. I'm thankful for being here every day!

"I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment