Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Peace Out Belize

Three weeks ago I embarked on an adventure. Three days from now, that adventure will end...and I have to say, it's been well worth it! I've had so many once in a lifetime opportunities – climbing Mayan ruins, going cave tubing, swimming in natural pools, chillin out under a waterfall, hiking through the jungle surrounded by howler monkeys, the list goes on and on. Though it's hard to choose, I'd have to say my favorite adventure we went on was today: snorkeling. I swam with sharks, touched a sting ray, and saw beautiful fish and coral reefs as well as sea turtles (probably my favorite animal after penguins)! As we sat on the boat eating fresh cut pineapple, oranges, and watermelon after going to the third reef while soaking up the sun, we, of course, thought of all our friends and family back in Ohio surrounded by cold and snow :) Not only am I thankful for the experiences I've had on this trip but also for the friendships I've developed with other students. Specifically, one of my apartmentmates at the Naz (Ashton) also came on the trip and it's been a blessing to get to know her better over the past few weeks. Lastly, this trip has been a great opportunity for self-development. Our class (centered around many ethical issues) has helped me to examine not only my personal beliefs but why I believe what I believe. This month has been more than I could have asked for and I am blessed...thanks Belize for an incredible experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment