Sunday, January 8, 2012

I started out the morning by going to breakfast around 7:00 a.m. It was very good, I had eggs, fry jacks, and beans. After breakfast we got ready to go to church at Pastor Eric's church. Sunday school started at 9:00 and church started at 10:00. The service was great being able to worship the same God in two different languages. Even some of the songs they sang in Spanish, I was able to sing because of going up in the church and singing the songs. After church we came back to the camp for lunch which was also very good.
After lunch we walked to another set of Mayan ruins called Xunantunich. It was cool when we climbed to the top and looked off the end. After the ruins, we got back across the river and shopped through the market. When we got back from the ruins it was time for dinner, we had BBQ chicken, slaw, and baked beans. After dinner the guys went out and played a little basketball. We played 21 and a few games of 3 on 3. Then it was time for a shower and to work on some papers the rest of the night. Maybe if I get a good jump on my work I will take a break and play some cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment