Monday, January 23, 2012

First Day On Caye Caulker

OH MY GOSH I LOVE IT HERE! It is so beautiful here on the island of Caye Caulker. The sun is shining, the water is so clear blue, the fish are swimming, the people smiling...Its just great. I got a little too much sun today though, but it's all good. I feel so calm here on the island. Just walking through the town, there is just a really laid back feeling. Reggae music thumping down the streets, people selling their beautiful crafts, sand between your toes...I just adore it.


Today I finally found a coconut for my roommate Kelsey. She has had a mission for the entire trip to find a coconut and drink the water out of eat and eat part of it. We have not been able to get one the entire trip. They were always just out of reach, literally! But today when we arrived at the hotel and had a chance to swim in the pool for a bit, I met a man named Jim who has drinking from a coconut. I said hello, asked him about the coconut and he said he would go grab me one. Thus, I found Kelsey a coconut. We had a grand time trying to open it and get the water out of it. Right now it is in our mini fridge so the water stays cold and fresh! Love it!






After we got the coconut, we just went out on the town and looked around in lots of shops and restaurants. I got some Chinese food and Kelsey got a stuffed burger. I think she got the better deal today. That sandwich was awesome(I know cause she let me have a bite, YUM!). Next, we went down to "The Split", which was the place to hang out for everyone on the island. There isn't really a "beach" like I am used to. People were laying out on wooden docks or on a stone outcropping kind of thing in the water. It was surely a different experience, but also one that was way awesome. I had a great time today, and can't wait to experience the rest of Caye Caulker.

No comments:

Post a Comment